Advanced Grape Seed Extract 95% OPCs
T J Clark’s Catalyzed Grape Seed Extract is the most complete grape seed product available. Grape seeds contain the best-known source of one of the most potent antioxidants yet discovered - the catechin polymers, and several proanthocyanidin B compounds. Combined with the synergy of Resveratrol, vitamin C, and our proprietary phytogenic mineral catalyst, our advanced formula provides the most complete protection from oxidative stress and subsequent tissue damage.
Each 8ml contains
|Grape Seed Extract (containing 95% OPCs) Resveratrol
Ascorbate Acid (vitamin C)
(Containing but not limited to B, Ca, Cr, Co, Cu, I, Fe, Li, Mg, Mn, Mo, P, K, Se, Si, Sr, V, Zn)
Purified water, Organic vanilla flavor, Natural cane sugar, Potassium Sorbate (0.1%)
Pharmacology and Research of Active Ingredients:
- Grape seed proanthocyanidins have been found to have a number of antioxidant activities in the laboratory. These include scavenging of hydroxyl and peroxyl radicals, and inhibition of the oxidation of low-density lipoprotein (LDL). The inhibitory potential related to lipid peroxidation appears to increase with the degree of polymerization of the molecules. Grape seed proanthocyanidins have shown anti-inflammatory, anticarcinogenic and anti-atherogenic activities, again in the laboratory. These activities are thought to be due, in large part, to the antioxidant activities of these molecules. These proanthocyanidins have been found to be cytotoxic for some human cancer lines in culture. Upregulation of apoptosis by the proanthocyanidins in these cancer lines is another possible mechanism for their possible anticarcinogenic activity.
- An extract of grape seed proanthocyanidins has significantly inhibited human breast cancer, lung cancer and gastric adenocarcinoma cells in vitro. Grape seed proanthocyanidins have been shown to significantly inhibit the peroxidation of polyunsaturated fatty acids and some other lipids in animal and in vitro studies. Some experimental data suggest that these effects might help protect capillaries, heart, brain and liver tissues in some circumstances. In one study, a grape seed proanthocyanidin extract more potently protected brain and hepatic tissues from the damage of experimentally induced reactive oxygen species damage than did other antioxidants (vitamin C, vitamin E succinate and beta-carotene). In other in vitro experiments, grape seed proanthocyanidins have strongly inhibited reactive oxygen species activities implicated in microvascular injury.
- Resveratrol is found in grapevines (Vitis vinifera L). It occurs in the vines, roots, seeds and stalks, but its highest concentration is in grape skins. Resveratrol has several activities that may account for its possible cardioprotective action. These include inhibition of the oxidation of low-density lipoprotein (LDL), inhibition of smooth muscle cell proliferation and inhibition of platelet aggregation. Resveratrol has also been found to reduce the synthesis of lipids in rat liver and to inhibit the production of proatherogenic eicosanoids by human platelets and neutrophils. Resveratrol's possible phytoestrogenic activity may also contribute to its possible cardioprotective action. Resveratrol appears to act as a mixed agonist/antagonist for estrogen receptors alpha and beta. It has been found to bind estrogen receptor beta and estrogen receptor alpha with comparable affinity but with 7,000-fold lower affinity than estradiol.
- Resveratrol's possible antiproliferative activity also may be accounted for in several different ways. Resveratrol's antioxidant activity was discussed above. It also has antimutagenic activity. Resveratrol has been found to inhibit cellular events associated with tumour initiation, promotion and progression. Resveratrol has demonstrated inhibition of growth of several cancer cell lines and tumours including breast and prostate, suggesting that it has an inhibitory effect on cancer promotion/progression. Resveratrol has also been found to induce phase II metabolizing enzymes which are involved in the detoxification of carcinogens, to upregulate apoptosis, to inhibit the progression of cancer by inducing cell differentiation and to inhibit protein kinase D and possibly protein kinase C. Resveratrol stimulates the immune system and may be effective against herpes simplex virus 1 and 2.
- Vitamin C is arguably the most important water-soluble biological antioxidant. It can scavenge both reactive oxygen species and reactive nitrogen species. Vitamin C influences the concentration of the cyclic nucleotides c-AMP and c-GMP, is involved in hormone production (adrenalin and serotonin), and required for the detoxification of toxic chemicals. While marginal vitamin C depletion leads to a reduction in the activity of HMG reductase, a rate-limiting step in cholesterol metabolism leading to an increase in serum cholesterol.
- Phytogenic Mineral Catalyst – Our Polyfloramin™extracts contain up to 72 trace elements for enhanced bioavailability, assimilation and synergy of the active ingredients contained in Grape Seed Extract.
Grape Seed Extract advanced formula may be beneficial in the prevention and treatment of;
- Stress related conditions, including irritability, anxiety, nervousness, headaches and fatigue.
- Ageing, allergies, arteriosclerosis, arthritis, cataracts, circulatory complaints, colds and flu, and excessive use of anti-inflammatory steroid drugs.
- Excessive intakes of polyunsaturated fats, sun exposure, heart disease, infections and immune dysfunctions, and combating the effects of pollution, smog, smoking.
- Vitamin C may also decrease poor resistance to infections; reduce adriamycin cardio toxicology, and thrush.
- Treatment of vascular disorders (varicose veins, phlebitis, haemorrhoids), circulatory disorders, preventing allergic reactions (hay fever, food allergies), and treating oedema.
- Grape seed extract is safe in relatively high doses. Resveratrol and vitamin C are at safe levels, even if the whole container were to be consumed.
Storage: Store below 30 C
Dosage and Administration: 8ml once or twice daily with food.