Male Potency Formula
T J Clark’s Male Potency Formula is a scientific preparation of herbal extracts, amino acids and antioxidant nutrients for the maintenance of healthy levels of nitric oxide, circulation, vascular health and for the support of healthy androgen levels. Nitric oxide is a naturally occurring compound central to optimum blood flow, thus delivering nutrients to the cellular level to improve function of virtually every organ in the body, nourishing cells for proper metabolism, growth, repair, detoxification and reproduction. Male Potency acts as a formula designed to reduce the associated risks factors that occur during normal male ageing, including cardiovascular disease (plaque build up, clotting and stroke), sexual dysfunction, immunosuppression, increased oxidation and poor nervous system functioning.
Each 8ml contains
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)
Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol)
Elemental Zinc (as sulphate)
Elemental Chromium (as picolinate)
Elemental Iron (as ferrous sulphate)
(Containing but not limited to B, Ca, Cr, Co,
Cu, I, Fe, Li, Mg, Mn, Mo, P, K, Se, Si, Sr, V, Zn)
Purified water, Natural cane sugar, Gingko Biloba 24/6, Saw palmetto, Dimethylglycine (DMG), Potassium Sorbate (0.1%).
Pharmacology and Research of Active Ingredients:
- Many of supplemental L-arginine's activities, including its possible anti-atherogenic actions, may be accounted for by its role as the precursor to nitric oxide or NO. NO is produced by all tissues of the body and plays very important roles in the cardiovascular system, immune system and nervous system. NOS is a heme-containing enzyme with some sequences similar to cytochrome P-450 reductase. Several isoforms of NOS exist, two of which are constitutive and one of which is inducible by immunological stimuli. The constitutive NOS found in the vascular endothelium is designated eNOS and that present in the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nervous system is designated nNOS. The form of NOS induced by immunological or inflammatory stimuli is known as iNOS. iNOS may be expressed constitutively in select tissues such as lung epithelium.
- NO formed from supplemental L-arginine can play a major role in the possible anti-atherogenic activity of L-arginine. NO inhibits mononuclear cell adhesion, platelet aggregation, proliferation of vascular smooth muscle, production of some reactive oxygen species, such as superoxide anions, and promotion of endothelium-dependent dilation. Leukocyte adhesion, platelet aggregation, smooth muscle proliferation, endothelial dysfunction and oxidative stress are all part of the process of atherogenesis. L-arginine may also have anti-atherogenic activity independent of its role in the enzymatic formation of NO.
- There is recent evidence that oral L-arginine can help men with erectile dysfunction. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, 50 men with this disorder were randomized to receive 5 grams of L-arginine daily or placebo for six weeks. Nine of 29 L-arginine-supplemented subjects and two of 17 controls reported significant subjective improvement in erectile function. All nine of the L-arginine responders had low urinary levels of stable metabolites of nitric oxide at baseline. A lack of NO may be the reason men who smoke or have hypertension, atherosclerosis or diabetes, often become impotent. Blocked or damaged blood vessels are narrow and restrict sufficient blood-borne l – arginine and oxygen from reaching the penis.
- L-Phenylalanine is the precursor of L-tyrosine. The conversion of L-phenylalanine to L-tyrosine is via the enzyme L-phenylalanine hydroxylase. L-tyrosine produced from L-phenylalanine is a precursor in the synthesis of the neurotransmitters norepinephrine and dopamine, among other reactions.
- Owing to its antiplatelet action, Ginkgo biloba is the most proven herbal product for the maintenance of peripheral and cerebrovascular circulatory disorders. It also has potent antioxidant properties. It protects nitric oxide from oxidation to peroxynitrite, which is an extremely reactive free radical commonly responsible for excitoneurotoxicity through the destruction of synaptic glutamate receptors.
- Saw Palmetto reduces the activity of Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) in the prostate by up to 66%. Excessive prostate EGF activity has been implicated in BPH. It also inhibits the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the prostate and blocks the attachment of DHT to cellular binding sites, subsequently increasing its breakdown and excretion. DHT is activated testosterone, the most potent androgen, and is primarily responsible for prostate enlargement and prostate cancer.
- Vitamin C is arguably the most important water-soluble biological antioxidant. It can scavenge both reactive oxygen species and reactive nitrogen species. Vitamin C influences the concentration of the cyclic nucleotides c-AMP and c-GMP, is involved in hormone production (adrenalin and serotonin), and required for the detoxification of toxic chemicals. While marginal vitamin C depletion leads to a reduction in the activity of HMG reductase, a rate-limiting step in cholesterol metabolism leading to an increase in serum cholesterol.
- Vitamin E inhibits the lipooxygenase enzyme involved in the synthesis of inflammatory prostaglandins and leukotrienes, and is a powerful inhibitor of protein Kinase C, the signalling activator of cell transformation or proliferation in cancer. Vitamin E has been shown to inhibit the oxidation of LDL-cholesterol in various in vitro, animal and human experiments. Other in vitro, animal and some human studies demonstrate that vitamin E also acts on coagulation, platelet aggregation and endothelial relaxation, among other factors, in ways that may reduce cardiovascular risk. Vitamin E prevents arthrosclerosis through the reduced rate of membrane lipid peroxidation, regulating endothelial cell proliferation and repair, and reducing ischaemic heart disease.
- Zinc alleviates BPH by inhibiting the 5-alpha reductase enzyme that is responsible for the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone.
- Chromium improves the glucose/insulin system in subjects with hypoglycaemia, hyperglycaemia and hyperlipidaemia with no detectable effects on control subjects. Chromium picolinate has been shown to improve insulin binding, insulin receptor numbers, insulin internalization, beta cell sensitivity and insulin receptor enzymes with an overall increase in insulin sensitivity, thus supporting peripheral circulation.
- Iron is an essential trace mineral in humans. It is involved in the entire process of breathing, including oxygen transport and electron transport supporting peripheral perfusion. Iron is an integral component of testodoxin and cytochrome P450 for the biosynthesis of sex hormones.
- Dimethyglycine acts as a methyl donor in the body, providing methyl groups which are essential for the function of vitamins, enzymes, hormones, neurotransmitters, RNA, DNA, and antibodies. DMG is an intermediary metabolite which is able to enhance a great variety of metabolic functions in the body. This metabolic enhancement may be of great value in all forms of stress whether physical or mental. As a methyl donor, DMG improves oxygen utilisation within the cell. It increases the quality of the nutritional environment of the cell, thus having a great impact on a host of cellular reactions.
- Phytogenic Mineral Catalyst – Our Polyfloramin™extracts contain up to 72 trace elements for enhanced bioavailability, assimilation and synergy of the active ingredients contained in Male Potency formula.
T J Clark’s Male Potency formula may be beneficial in the prevention and treatment of:
- Alcoholism, ageing, anaemia, sugar metabolism, bleeding gums, cholesterolemia, cardiovascular lesions, decreased dopamine and adrenaline levels in the brain, decreased longevity and decreased white cell count.
- Depression, Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH), prostatitis, urinary frequency and urgency, dysuria, nocturia, prevention of prostate cancer.
- Iron supplements are contraindicated in those with hemochromatosis, hemosiderosis and serum elevated ferritin levels.
- Those with a history of hyperglycaemia or type 2 diabetes mellitus should only use chromium supplements for the possible management of abnormal glucose tolerance under medical supervision.
Dosage and Administration: 8ml once or twice daily with food preferably at night.