Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy
Healthy hormone balance is essential for the reduced risk of a number of chronic disorders. Poor oestrogen metabolism may contribute to the development of menstrual disturbances, menopause, infertility, and estrogen – dependent tumours. Our Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy is a nutritional and herbal support formula for the correction of estrogen metabolite ratios. The chief ingredient Protykin® reduces the severity of conditions associated with oestrogen imbalances including menopause, premenstrual tension type A, infertility, and the development of oestrogen dependent cancers.
Each 8ml contains
(Trans Resveratrol as 200:1 standardized extract of Polygonum cuspidatum root)
Elemental Calcium (Chelate)
Elemental Magnesium (Gluconate)
Phytogenic Mineral Catalyst
(Containing but not limited to B, Ca, Cr, Co, Cu, I, Fe, Li, Mg, Mn, Mo, P, K, Se, Si, Sr, V, Zn)
Purified water, Natural cane sugar, Natural and Artificial Flavour, Stevia and Potassium Sorbate (0.1%)
Pharmacology of Active Ingredients:
- Protykin® resveratrol contains bioactive phytoestrogens which exhibit selective oestrogen receptor modulator (SERM) activity. SERM’s have the ability to oppose oestrogen at certain times, e.g. hyperestrogenic conditions, and mimic the action of oestrogen in low oestrogen states e.g. of menopause. Resveratrol can help to support levels of sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), resulting in decreased amounts of free oestrogens. Resveratrol also promotes the formation of 2-OH, not 16-OH or 4-OH oestrogens, and may help in reducing the cardiovascular risk factors associated with menopause.
- Isoflavones have estrogenic activity and exhibit a regulatory action on the endocrine system through several mechanisms. Genistein acts as receptor blocking agent in the presence of excessive hormonal stimulation. Genistein also blocks tyrosine kinase, DNA topoisomerases I and II, and S6 kinase and may therefore help regulate cellular proliferation and differentiation. Isoflavones have been reported to have antioxidant, anticarcinogenic, anti-atherogenic, hypolipidemic and anti-osteoporotic activities.
- Calcium Ascorbate is a superior form of vitamin C providing greater tissue availability and higher retention of ascorbate in connective (cartilage), lymphoidal and higher phagocytic tissues (liver, spleen, marrow, and lung). Vitamin C is necessary for the hydroxylation of lysine and proline as part of the synthesis of collagen. Deficiency has been shown to result in osteoporotic changes during menopause.
- Increased calcium supplementation during menopause maintains healthy bones, cardiovascular system, and reduces decalcification diseases. Calcium is a major mineral in musculoskeletal metabolism and function, with deficiency states producing muscle cramps, numbness and tingling sensations which characterise the nervous muscle spasms called tetany.
- Magnesium is required for its influence on the enzyme activity on bone structure and metabolism. Magnesium is important in stabilising apatite precursors, as much of the magnesium in bone is found on the surface of the apatite crystals. Magnesium supplementation to postmenopausal osteoporotic women resulted in an increase in bone density in 71% and reduced fracture rate in a further 16%. Magnesium supports the CNS and PNS, supplementation results in decreased irritability, restlessness, while deficiency states may participate in the clinical pattern of aging – neuromuscular, cardiovascular, and renal symptomologies may occur.
- Phytogenic Mineral Catalyst – Our Polyfloramin™extracts contain up to 72 trace elements for enhanced bioavailability, assimilation and synergy of the active ingredients contained in Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy.
T J Clark’s Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy may be beneficial in the treatment of:
- Menopause, endometriosis, dysmenorrhea, environmental oestrogen exposure, fibrocystic breast disorders, uterine and cervical disorders, infertility oestrogen-dependent cancers and premenstrual tension.
- Resveratrol is contraindicated in those hypersensitive to any component of a resveratrol-containing product. Pregnant women and nursing mothers should avoid the use of resveratrol-containing supplements.
- Soy isoflavones are contraindicated in those who are hypersensitive to any component of a soy isoflavone-containing product. Pregnant women and nursing mothers should avoid the use of soy isoflavone supplements pending long-term safety studies.
- Calcium Ascorbate. Although oxalic acid is formed when ascorbic acid is metabolized, this is highly unlikely to cause renal problems in healthy individuals without pre-existing renal problems or who are not predisposed to increased crystal aggregation.
- Calcium supplementation is contraindicated in those with hypercalcemia. Conditions causing hypercalcemia include sarcoidosis, hyperparathyroidism and hypervitaminosis D.
- Magnesium is contraindicated in those with renal failure. It is also contraindicated in those with high-grade atrioventricular (AV) blocks unless those with high-grade AV blocks have artificial pacemakers.
Storage: Store below 30 C
Dosage and Administration: 8ml once daily with food.