Glucosamine/ Chondroitin/ MSM
T J Clark’s Glucosamine / Chondroitin / MSM Formula is a scientifically advanced liquid nutritional supplement designed to support healthy joint function by featuring premium quality glucosamine hydrochloride and low molecular weight chondroitin sulfate, in addition to other nutrients that support healthy connective tissue. Our advanced formula based on clinical trials promotes joint strength and flexibility, supports cartilage integrity, supports collagen synthesis and inhibits the degradation enzymes that impact the cartilage matrix. The inclusion of Polyfloramin ensures protection against free radical damage to joint tissue.
Each 8ml contains
Chondroitin Sulphate (as low molecular chondroitin)
Polyfloramin Proprietary Blend
(Containing but not limited to B, Ca, Cr, Co,Cu, I, Fe, Li, Mg, Mn, Mo, P, K, Se, Si, Sr, V, Zn)
Purified water, Natural cane sugar, Organic vanilla flavor, Potassium Sorbate (0.1%)
Pharmacology of Active Ingredients:
- Glucosamine is an amino monosaccharide found in chitin, glycoproteins and glycosaminoglycans (formerly known as mucopolysaccharides) such as hyaluronic acid and heparan sulfate. Biochemically, glucosamine is involved in glycoprotein metabolism. Glycoproteins, known as proteoglycans, form the ground substance in the extra-cellular matrix of connective tissue and are necessary for proper joint function and cartilage repair.
- Supplementation with glucosamine tends to normalise cartilage metabolism by inhibiting the degradation and stimulating the synthesis of proteoglycans. The inability to manufacture glucosamine has been suggested to be a major factor leading to osteoarthritis. Glucosamine hydrochloride has been shown to help restore normal chondrocyte metabolism, exert a protective effect against joint destruction and relieve the pain with osteoarthritis. Glucosamine appears to be selectively used by joint tissues.
- Numerous studies have documented improvements in pain and inflammation, as well as restored joint function in osteoarthritis (OA) patients supplementing with glucosamine. When the efficacy of oral glucosamine was compared to the NSAID ibuprofen, pain scores decreased faster during the first weeks in the ibuprofen group than the glucosamine treatment group. Although the rate of decrease was slower, the reduction in pain scores was continued throughout the trial period in patients on glucosamine and the difference between the two groups turned significantly in favour of glucosamine at week 8. However the inclusion of MSM with glucosamine has shown to be as effective in decreasing pain scores as NSAID. Glucosamine hydrochloride has been shown to slightly reduce the depression of cartilage proteoglycan synthesis caused by NSAID use.
- Chondroitin sulfate belongs to a family of heteropolysaccharides called glycosaminoglycans or GAGs. Glycosaminoglycans were formerly known as mucopolysaccharides. GAGs in the form of proteoglycans comprise the ground substance in the extracellular matrix of connective tissue. Chondroitin sulfate is made up of linear repeating units containing D-galactosamine and D-glucuronic acid. Chondroitin sulfate is found in humans in cartilage, bone, cornea, skin and the arterial wall. It is believed that chondroitin sulfate's efficacy in osteoarthritis derives from the fact that it is one of the two most abundant glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) in articular cartilage.
- Supplementation with this GAG seems, to confer chondroprotection through its inhibitory action on some of the enzymes that damage cartilage. Further, by inhibiting other enzymes that can block transport of nutrients that nourish cartilage, this GAG may promote cartilage replacement. Chrondroitin plays an important role in the transportation of water within cartilage.
- Earlier studies using high-molecular-weight chondroitin sulfate concluded that there was no significant absorption of this high-molecular-weight version of chondroitin sulfate. More recent studies demonstrate that there is significant absorption of low-molecular-weight chondroitin sulfate. Absorption appears to occur from the stomach and small intestine. There is also an indication that chondroitin sulfate, after absorption, does enter the joint space. Studies of the pharmacokinetics of orally administered chondroitin sulfate are ongoing. Our formula only use low molecular weight chrondroitin.
- Research indicates MSM may help regulate inflammation, inhibit pain impulses along nerve fibres, increase blood supply to inflamed tissue, reduce muscle spasms, and soften scar tissue. MSM may inhibit the abnormal cross-linking of collagen, which can support formation of health connective tissue, retention of cartilage. It has been reported that the effectiveness of MSM to relieve pain may allow the dosage of prescribed medication to be reduced with the possibility of complete discontinuation of other pain medication. MSM is rapidly establishing a reputation as a safe, natural and effective solution for many types of pain and inflammatory conditions.
- Calcium Ascorbate is also involved in the biosynthesis of other connective-tissue components, including elastin, fibronectin, proteoglycans, bone matrix and elastin-associated fibrillin. It also appears to play a role in collagen gene expression and cellular procollagen secretion and retards the erosion of cartilage. Vitamin C acts as a potent water soluble antioxidant, thus reducing further joint damage through free radical mechanisms implicated in the development of arthritis.
- Phytogenic Mineral Catalyst – Our Polyfloramin™extracts contain up to 72 trace elements for enhanced bioavailability, assimilation and synergy of the active ingredients contained in our Glucosamine / Chondroitin formula. Trace minerals copper, zinc, and manganese induce the potent joint antioxidant SOD. Boron catalyzes the movement of phosphate ions across the cell membrane and into cells enhancing ATP synthesis, thus nourishing cartilage cells. Manganese is a cofactor for numerous glycosyl transferases and is necessary for glycosaminoglycans synthesis, enhancing bone growth, while repairing through stimulating osteoblasts and suppressing osteoclast activity. Zinc is an essential cofactor in the production of connective tissue, bone, cartilage and has been shown to help arthritic conditions.
T J Clark’s Glucosamine/Chrondroitin formula may be beneficial in the prevention and treatment of:
- Connective tissue repair, sports injuries, wounds.
- Joint pain and tenderness, joint swelling and inflammation.
- Restricted movement and poor joint mobility
- NASID medication, all types of arthritis, sprains and strains.
- Glucosamine and chrondroitin is free of contraindications with any food, herb and drug interactions. Treatments for concurrent illness may continue as usual.
- Due to the inert nature of MSM, our advanced MSM formula is non-allergic, non-pyretic, and is extremely safe. Toxicity studies completed on Lignisul MSM demonstrated that the compound is essentially non-toxic.
Storage: Store below 30 C
Dosage and Administration: 8ml once or twice daily with food