Glutamic Acid is synthesised from ammonia and alpha ketoglutarate, an immediate in the Krebs cycle. Glutamic acid is the major precursor of the amino acids glutamine, proline, orthinine and arginine. It is also the precursor for glutathione and GABA synthesis. Energy can be synthesised through the oxidation of glutamic acid. Glutamic acid administration causes the release of luteinizing hormone – releasing hormone, protects the liver through enhanced ammonia detoxification and may have a role in modulating opioid receptors.
Each 5ml contains
Phytogenic Mineral Catalyst
(Containing but not limited to B, Ca, Cr, Co, Cu, I, Fe, Li, Mg, Mn, Mo, P, K, Se, Si, Sr, V, Zn)
Purified water, Natural Cane Sugar, Potassium Sorbate (0.1%)
Pharmacology and Research of Active Ingredients:
- Several well-designed studies have demonstrated that the addition of glutamic acid to TPN helps decrease intestinal permeability and mucosal and villous atrophy in the small intestine. Inhibition of intestinal permeability is believed to decrease microbial translocation and thus reduce infective opportunities in the gut. Increased intestinal permeability has been associated with a number of traumas, illnesses and some surgeries.
- Glutamate has been used to stimulate lactation in nursing mothers, and has been shown to have a beneficial effect in mercury poisoning. Glutamate may be used to treat conditions which cause high concentrations of ammonia in the blood.
- Phytogenic Mineral Compound Catalyst – Our Polyfloramin™extracts contain up to 72 trace elements for enhanced bioavailability, assimilation and synergy of the active ingredients contained in our Glutamic Acid formula.
T J Clark’s Glutamic Acid formula may be beneficial in the prevention and treatment of;
- Acute stress, depression associated with fatigue, ageing, general fatigue and tiredness.
- Chemically sensitive individuals, leaky gut syndrome, CNS nitrogen depletion, high blood ammonia levels, kidney health and surgical stress.
Storage: Store below 30 C
Dosage and Administration: 5ml once or twice daily one hour before food.