Manganese is an essential trace mineral in animal and human nutrition. Manganese is central to mitochondrial superoxide dismutase, cAMP and the modification of intracellular calcium level. Deficiency results in abnormal arginase activity and the Krebs cycle conversion of pyruvate to oxaloacetate. Manganese is crucial for bone and connective tissue synthesis. Catalyzed Molybdenum is flavoured with fructose for greater patient compliance. Our phytogenic mineral catalyst is included for maximum nutrient utilisation.
Each 5ml contains
|Elemental Manganese (as sulphate)
Phytogenic Mineral Catalyst
(Containing but not limited to B, Ca, Cr, Co, Cu, I, Fe, Li, Mg, Mn, Mo, P, K, Se, Si, Sr, V, Zn)
Purified water, Organic Vanilla Flavor, Natural Cane Sugar, Potassium Sorbate (0.1%)
Pharmacology and Research of Active Ingredients:
- Manganese ions have been found to scavenge hydroxyl and superoxide radicals. The mechanism of binding of manganese ions to these reactive oxygen species is not known. Manganese is a crucial component of the metalloenzyme manganese superoxide dismutase (MnSOD). MnSOD is found in mitochondria and is the principal constituent of the mitochondrial oxidant defence system.
- Dietary manganese deficiency results in skeletal and cartilage malformations in animals and in one human report. It is thought that this is due to decreased activity of the manganese-dependent glycosyl transferases which, among other things, are involved in the synthesis of glycosaminoglycans or GAGs. GAGs are crucial for healthy cartilage and bone. Manganese deficiency has been associated with osteoporosis, perosis (faulty tendons), and delayed ossification.
- Manganese activates the enzymes necessary for the body to use biotin, thiamine (B1), vitamin C, and choline. It is important for the digestion and utilization of food, especially proteins, through peptidase activity, and it is needed for the synthesis of cholesterol and fatty acids and in glucose metabolism. As a cofactor in glycolysis, manganese aids glucose metabolism. By activating the arginase enzyme, manganese helps form urea, the end product of protein and ammonia breakdown cleared by the kidneys.
- Phytogenic Mineral Catalyst – Our Polyfloramin™extracts contain up to 72 trace elements for enhanced bioavailability, assimilation and synergy of the active ingredients contained in our Manganese formula.
T J Clark’s Catalyzed Manganese formula may be beneficial in the prevention and treatment of:
- Allergies, asthma, atherosclerosis, congenital ataxia and malformations.
- Convulsions, diabetes, fatigue, hypoglycaemia.
- Osteoporosis, repetitive strain injury, and sterility.
- Manganese supplements are contraindicated in those with liver failure. Some patients with end-stage liver disease have been found to accumulate manganese in their basal ganglia. It is thought that manganese may play a role in the hepatic encephalopathy in those with liver failure. Manganese is eliminated primarily through the bile, and hepatic dysfunction leads to depressed manganese excretion.
- Oral manganese, however, may be neurotoxic in those with liver failure. Manganese is primarily eliminated via the billiary route, and hepatic dysfunction leads to depressed manganese excretion. Manganese may accumulate in the basal ganglia of those with liver failure and may exacerbate hepatic encephalopathy and/or cause Parkinson's disease-like symptoms.
Storage: Store below 30 C
Dosage and Administration: 5ml once or twice daily with food.