Calcium & Magnesium
Calcium and magnesium are two of the most consumed minerals through nutritional supplements. Both of these alkaline minerals are fundamental to cellular membrane function; including calcium pump action, permeability, muscular contraction, nerve pulse conduction, regulation of hormonal activity and intracellular body fluid regulation including buffering and viscosity. Calcium and magnesium share key roles in the metabolism of bone. T J Clark’s Calcium/magnesium is a new innovation in mineral chelation, with the use of our patented PHYTOBOND technology. Phytobond uses plant derived acids and mineral compounds as chelating agents to provide a nutritionally superior form of chelate with maximum absorbability.
Each 15ml contains
|Elemental Calcium (as phytobond)
Elemental Magnesium (as phytobond)
Purified water, Natural cane sugar, Natural vanilla flavor.
Pharmacology and Research of Active Ingredients:
- Inadequate calcium intake results in reduced bone mass and osteoporosis. Calcium exists in bone primarily in the form of hydroxyapatite (Ca10 (PO4)6 (OH)2). Hydroxyapatite comprises approximately 40% of the weight of bone. The skeleton has an obvious structural requirement for calcium. The skeleton also serves as a reservoir for calcium.
- A number of studies suggest that calcium may reduce the risk of colorectal cancer. Calcium supplementation has been found to reduce colonic mucosal proliferation. Greater colonic mucosal proliferation is observed in those at high risk for colon cancer when compared with those at low risk. Calcium ions may precipitate bile acids and fatty acids that can stimulate the proliferation of colon cells.
- There is some preliminary evidence that calcium supplementation may help some with PMS. A pilot study suggested that calcium might diminish some PMS symptoms. Subsequently, a placebo-controlled, multi-centre study produced results showing that calcium-supplemented women had an overall reduction of 48% in severity of PMS symptoms, compared with a 30% reduction in those on placebo.
- Magnesium is an essential mineral for the neuromuscular system and in human nutrition with a wide range of biological functions. Magnesium is involved in over 300 metabolic reactions. It is necessary for every major biological process, including the production of cellular energy and the synthesis of nucleic acids and proteins. It is also important for the electrical stability of cells, the maintenance of membrane integrity, muscle contraction, nerve conduction and the regulation of vascular tone.
- Deficiency of Magnesium can lead to a wide variety of serious disorders, while ingesting a proper amount may lead to improvements in such conditions as cardiac arrhythmias, high blood pressure, menstrual disorders, migraine headaches and bone demineralization. A great deal of research information is available on magnesium from scientific sources.
T J Clark’s Calcium / Magnesium formula may be beneficial in the prevention and treatment of:
- Arthritis, back ache, cramps, bone pain, high blood pressure, lead toxicity or exposure, menopausal women, menstrual cramps, osteoporosis and osteomalacia.
- Adrenal stress, arrhythmia, asthma, ADD and ADHD, candidiasis, coronary artery disease, circulation, convulsion, congestive heart failure and diabetes.
- Depression, dysmenorrhea, eclampsia, epilepsy, fibromyagia, headaches/migraines, hyperglycaemia, hypoglycaemia, insulin resistance and muscle soreness.
- Parkinson’s disease, pregnancy and lactation and PMT symptoms.
- Calcium supplementation is contraindicated in those with hypercalcemia. Conditions causing hypercalcemia include sarcoidosis, hyperparathyroidism, hypervitaminosis D and cancer.
- Magnesium is contraindicated in those with renal failure. It is also contraindicated in those with high-grade atrioventricular (AV) blocks unless those with high-grade AV blocks have artificial pacemakers.
Storage: Store below 30 C
Dosage and Administration: 15ml once or twice daily with food.